March 27, 2008

Story Time

Okay we all have great in-home sales stories about the crazy happenings and the things we witness. Here's your chance to share yours. The funny thing is that those outside of our sub-culture will probably think these things can NEVER happen. Those in the inner-sanctum know they occur each and every day.

I have too many to count but here is one of my favorites:
About an hour into the appointment, which was going great, the clients were happy and friendly. As I was setting up my laptop, I asked a few background questions. One was "what is your email address?" The husband said he didn't have one. The wife said, "You can write mine down". At that part, the storm rolled in. The mood changed abruptly. Happy and friendly flew right out of the window. The husband stared down his wife and sternly said, "You can't give him that email address. He's making a permanent record of it." The wife shot back, "Well it's true!" Having managed many tense situations in the past, almost to the point of qualifying as a certified marriage counselor, even I could not subside the wave rapidly heading to shore. She turned to me and blasted out, "myhubbyisacheat @~~~~.com". After peeking out from my safe hiding spot behind the laptop screen, I watched as husband and wife (in name only, I guess) exited the kitchen in opposite directions. Less than 20 minutes later I was packed up and on my way, with no deal of course, just another memorable story.

Okay it's your turn. Let's hear your sales story....(please keep it clean!)

No comments: